SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization of the pages your website is comprised of. Search Engine Optimization is a very important factor of Internet Marketing and is there to ensure visibility of your pages to Search Engines like Google, Yahoo, Live, or Badu. If you make it easy for a Search Engine to read your website pages, the more relevancy and targeting you will achieve for the right keywords. Depending on the amount of links as well as which anchor text is deployed, such methods are vital factors in determining the ranking of keywords when search engines scan your pages.
On-Page SEO is the art of maximizing your visibility to Search Engines by keeping or increasing conversion rates to generate leads and sales on your website. All the traffic in the world is not enough if it does not convert into actual profit.
The Top 10 most important ranking factors for On-Page SEO:
- Site Structure
- Unique URLs for each page
- Unique page title for each page
- Unique Meta Description for each page
- Unique H1/H2 tag for each page
- Only one version of each page, no duplicate content
- Fast reliable webhosting
- Enable Compression per Mod_deflate
- Minify of code for easy clear reading
Off-Page SEO is the creation of awareness to your website. Awareness is normally created through building links, advertisement on other sites and if you are published in Magazine. Text links with targeted anchor text are generally the most desirable way of creating awareness for your website. They have a long-term effect and increase your website ranking across all Search Engines.
The Top 10 most important ranking factors for Off-Page SEO:
- Text Links with keyword rich Anchor text surrounded by relevant text
- Text Link to product pages from related websites
- Customer reviews on review sites like Yelp.com
- Social Media presence as well as active use of Social Networking sites
- Local, Industry-related or mainstream Internet Directories
- Industry-related commenting on other websites
- Articles on Content Publisher sites like Suite101.com with Footer link
- Industry-related Forums and Communities
- Published in print media like Magazines or Newspapers
- Videos on popular video sites like YouTube
Please let me know what you think or leave a comment.